Good morning beautiful people! I have a two years old granddaughter that is my world. Every time she comes over and we go in my bedroom she runs directly to my scale and step on it and look down at it and look at me. I laugh at her because this means she is copying somebody at her home who is weighing all the time. Even though this is funny why do we have to focus on that scale so much that a child emulate us doing it?
Nevertheless I recently did a post about motivation and what my keys are to continue to lose my weight and stay healthy. I listed shopping as one of my keys however there are several more. Therefore I wanted to discuss my other motivations keys in this post.
The dictionary defines Motivation as: The reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving in a particular way.
Here is a list of my motivation keys:
- Remain healthy and live a long fruitful life……. when one is carrying a large amount of weight. It causes problems with your health. For instant because of my previous overweight self, I suffered with Hypertension, GERD, High cholesterol, Orthopedic issues, Disc Degenerative Disorder, Sleep Apena Low stamina and endurance, low self esteem. Man I was on several medications for each one of these diagnoses and I refuse to go back on that many medications.
- I like being able to walk long distance without feeling like I am going to pass out. Walking was also another thing that cause problems. I hated to go to grocery shopping and even try to shop because I got tired out so easily.
- The heat don’t bother me no more during the summer. I swear when I was heavier…I thought I was going to pass out if I even peeped out the door during the spring and summer.
- Self esteem improved…Man on man. There is nothing like being able to look in the mirror and feel good about yourself. Weight loss can do that for you. Just make your confidence improve drastically.
- Shopping and more shopping and more shopping… shopping cheaper, shopping is easily, shopping is fun, shopping is great. Shopping make me feel better. T
- Being able to fit in booths and seats in restaurants and other places. Oh boy, I have posted about this before…Fat chair check…even though I don’t have to do this anymore. I still do it. I check every chair I sit in, just to make sure that I can fit or the chair will not fall when I sit in it. Sorry old habits diet hard.
One thing I am learning to do is to focus on my day to day eating habits and not the scale. Because what I put in my mouth and exercise is the more important than anything. This is were I am able to keep the weight off and down.
Love, Peace, and Happiness
Be Blessed Tracy!