Good morning beautiful people! I am so happy because I am coming up on my three year anniversary for my weight loss surgery at the end of this month. I have a doctor appointment to meet with my Gastric bypass surgery doctor to look at my progress and to help me continue to meet my goal. This has been such a great experience that there is no way I could ever regret having this surgery. My starting weight was 340 pounds. I currently weigh 205. I wear a size 14 in clothing whereas I use to wear a size 28 to size 30. My goal weight is still 175. So I got about 30 more pounds to drop.
Here are my pros since I had my RNY gastric bypass surgery.
- One I can shop at any store now.
- I can walk without having to feel like I am going to pass out or my feet and or back hurting.
- I can actually take care of very personal hygiene thing without struggling.
- I feel healthy
- I am not a diabetic anymore
- I can wear heels
- I can sit in booth at a restaurant and not have to go to a table because my stomach is so big
- I can buy pretty shoes
- I can see my feet when standing up and looking down (my belly blocked my view previously)
- I was able to have my hip replacement
- The best one….I feel sexy, good and happy with me.
Now this is my personal journey and I am happy as heck about it. What’s for me is for me. My journey can’t be like the chick next door because we are two different people. My success may not be as great as someone else’s but I am happy with what I have accomplished. Because the truth be told I could still be that that overweight, depressed in pain lady with very low self esteem. I use to worry all the time that people was talking about me because of my weight. Now I walk through a crowd like I am parting the sea shouting “the queen is here.” I love the new me!!
Peace, love and Happiness!!