Good afternoon beautiful people!! I am so happy with my progress that I can cut flips across the floor. I have lost a total of 8 pounds. I am getting my water in and my protein. The only downfall is having to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. But I can handle that.
I tried a new recipe this weekend for a Sugar free honeybun cake. I know, I know, you are looking at the screen like really??? There is no such thing!! But I have to tell you yes there is. But this cake does have some sugar but it is really low…like… .08 grams.
HOWEVER WARNING, WARNING!! Now here is thing they sell a sugar free vanilla cake mix. But I got to be truthful that mother sucker is like liquid dynamic when it comes to your bile’s moving. So if you are a little constipated, no, no no……. let me change that word, filled to the rim with excess waste that can not find the exit door. Just make this cake and you will surely go to the bathroom. Make sure you have extra toilet tissue because you guys will be fighting over the bathrooms.
1 box of Pillsbury sugar free classic yellow
1 cup Food Lion Granulated Sweet choice brown sugar blend
1/4 cup Pecan or Walnuts chopped up,,, I used walnuts
1 cup Canola Oil
4 medium Egg
4 tablespoon of milk (I used 2%)
1 cup Sour Cream
2 cup No Calorie Sweetener (I used Splenda)
1 tbsp Vanilla Flavor
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325. Prepare 9 x 13 pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and sour cream. \
- Stir by hand until large lumps are gone. There will still be some lumps but that’s ok.
- Pour half the batter into the pan.
- Now, in a medium bowl. Take your brown sugar blend and cinnamon and combine.
Mix up your brown sugar blend and cinnamon really well.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar blend mixture all over the batter in the cake pan.
Be sure to get that cinnamon mixture all the way to the edge of the pan.
- Now carefully spread the other half of the batter on top.
It will be thick spread it as best as you can.
- Take a butter knife and swirl it through the cake batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Before the cake is done baking…
- Mix together your powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Beating all the lumps up.
Take the cake comes out of the oven, and pour the powdered sugar mixture over the warm cake.
Wait 15 minutes before serving to give the cake time to start resembling a honey bun. Then serve.
Serving Size: 16 piece
- Calories 264.2
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 5.1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.9 mg
- Sodium 236.4 mg
- Potassium 63.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g
If you decide to try it out…here is the nutrition for the Pillsbury sugar free cake mix. I purchased mine at my local Wal-Mart.
Peace, Love and Happiness!!